Southern California families finding an attorney they can trust, in San Bernardino & Los Angeles Counties.
Thoughts on Divorce, Probate & Bankruptcy
5 Ways to Avoid Filing Bankruptcy
Sometimes bankruptcy is unavoidable because of an unexpected accident or sudden loss of income. But there are ways you can try to avoid facing bankruptcy.
1. Start saving while you’re financially stable. Ideally, you should have enough to pay your bills for six months out of your savings, though a common rule of thumb is three months.
2. When you start anticipating rough times, start planning ahead. If you find out that your company is planning layoffs in your department in a few months, cut back on spending now. If you stop paying $100/month for cable now, for example, then not only can you easily put the $100 into savings while you’re waiting to find out if you’re one of the ones being laid off… Continue reading…
10 Things to Consider When You’re Looking for An Attorney
When you’re looking for an attorney, it’s hard to know how to choose one attorney over another. Here are 10 things you should consider:
1. Check the state bar website for any past disciplinary actions. You can search the California bar site by the attorney’s name, and the profile will provide whether the attorney has any disciplinary actions in his/her record from the state bar. Try a search at the California bar site.
2. Experience of the attorney: the saying is generally true for attorneys just like anything else. You get what you pay for. A more experienced attorney will probably cost you more, but a less experienced attorney or a paralegal can be more of a risk when your situation is more complex, and you may end up having to hire another attorney to finish or correct a mistake.
3. Whether the attorney is compatible with your goals. You don’t need to be friends with your attorney, and in fact it’s not a good idea, because it is a professional relationship. But an attorney who is… Continue reading…
Modern San Bernardino Legal Firm
You may have noticed that over the past several months we have been making our online content more convenient and useful for you and for families and individuals of all technical backgrounds and for both English and Spanish speakers. You may have noticed that our website has more information about legal topics, about the services we offer, and about us as a law firm in San Bernardino and in Glendora. If you’ve noticed this, you’d be correct.
We are committed to providing you with services that meet your needs and solve your legal problems. And when we recognize technologies and services that will save you time and money while also providing convenience, then we are on it. That’s why we’ve provided an Over-the-Phone service, a new descriptive video on our homepage outlining our many family law, estate planning, and bankruptcy services, and a more comfortable waiting room at our office on D Street in San Bernardino.
New Bankruptcy Service
We now offer an Over-the-Phone Bankruptcy service that can be more convenient than meeting in person, especially for those who would have to otherwise drive many miles to either our Glendora or San Bernardino offices. We have a 100% success rate with Chapter 7 bankruptcy cases. Contact us if you wondering whether you would qualify for a discharge of debt.
At the Law Offices of Duane P. Booth you will get the legal advice of an attorney who understands.